The BMP180 is the function compatible successor of the BMP085, a new generation of high precision digital pressure sensors for consumer applications.
The ultra-low power, low voltage electronics of the BMP180 is optimized for use in mobile phones, PDAs, GPS navigation devices and outdoor equipment. With a low altitude noise of merely 0.25m at fast conversion time, the BMP180 offers superior performance. The I2C interface allows for easy system integration with a microcontroller.
The BMP180 is based on piezo-resistive technology for EMC robustness, high accuracy and linearity as well as long term stability.
The BMP180 chip only accepts 1.8V to 3.6V input voltage,however It contains a built-in stabilivolt (3.3V), thus being able to work under 5V. Therefore, it can be used on Arduino without any debugging。
The schematic diagram of the module is as follows:
1) BMP180 is a high-precision, small-sized and ultra-low-power barometer. It is applicable to mobile devices.
2) It contains a built-in stabilivolt (3.3V), thus being able to work under 5V.
3) PCB size: 2.3 x 2.3 cm.
4) Excellent performance. Its absolute accuracy can be down to 0.03 hPa. Ultra low power consumption as 3μA.
5) Pressure range: 300~1100hPa (9000 to 500 meters elevation)
6) With temperature output and an I2C bus.
- GPS precision navigation (dead reckoning, bridge detection etc.)
- Indoor/Outdoor navigation
- Monitoring in entertainment, sports, and healthcare
- Weather forecast
- vertical speed indication (ascending and descending rate)